Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bearish Again; It Feels So Good

We are just beginning the next wave down. I suspect it may get ugly. Yesterday I tacked quickly and became an aggressive buyer of SKF. Today I will add SRS.

Financials will lead the market lower again. Commercial real estate is about to get smashed. Recently I had been seeing a lot of breakouts and potential breakouts, now I see failed breakouts and resistance. I remember feeling the same way last time commercial RE shares topped out. This time though I mistakenly bought some of the failed breakouts.

Nothing, rather not much, has worked for me recently but I feel very confident betting against the market here. Refiner trade didn't work. AMLN didn't work. HSY didn't work. That's what happens when you get too cute. The market charges tuition fees.

I realize that there is a degree of the 'get it all back' mindset, following losses, but I really want to press my bets.

No comments: