Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Treading Water

Not afraid of this bounce (nor a believer in it) but I'm going to respect it. I have exited a couple short positions just to be safe. Frankly, this bounce seems weak but these are key levels we are flirting with and there is nothing more dangerous than a wounded bull. Live to fight another day. I've had an incredible run and don't plan on giving anything back.

Today is another profitable day (thus far). Closed out my CROX position this morning at $28 and change. Somewhat disappointed initially as it had traded lower but now with it bouncing back over $30, well, I'm OK with it. I'd like to short that dog again but have other ideas more appealing for now. Hope to revisit it.

There are opportunities to be had now. However I will play it a bit safe. I'm not going into bunker mentality as in December after a fast start but I will operate primarily to preserve profits in the short run. If January does not continue my winning streak I will have done something drastically wrong.

No comments: